Vision - Mission
Our vision is to facilitate growth and maturity in the Body of Christ, so that believers are activated daily in their gifts and callings, to expand the Kingdom of God on Earth, in their sphere of influence.
To provide a safe place where families can be refreshed and restored, through praise and worship and the teaching of God's Word, so that they can be witnesses for Jesus Christ in their communities and churches.
Rock Lake Ministries is a ministry focused on being a support system for all members of the body of Christ. Our true aim is to support the work that the “Local Church” is already doing. We do this by facilitating teaching and training to produce spiritual maturity. We commit to providing a safe place for leaders, families and individuals to experience God in ways that transform them into His image. (2 Corinthians 3:18, Romans 12:2). We are also committed to meet people where they are at, without judgement, but with encouragement of MORE, as there is always more that we can have of God. Standing with the Church rejoicing and suffering with them. (Romans 12:1-21, 1Corinthians 12:26)
1. We are non-denominational and seek to honor all who call on Jesus’ name as Christ’s body and His Church. We value the various truths emphasized in the different streams, movements, and denominations within the Body of Christ desiring to listen and learn from the various parts of the Body. We purpose to promote spiritual unity among all believers by honoring one another and by seeking reconciliation between all parts of His body, the Church. (1 Corinthians 12:12-27, Ephesians 4:3, Colossians 3:15a, John 15:12)
2. We value hunger and thirst for God and His Word. We desire to experience His manifest presence and to hear and obey His voice, and be Spirit led. (Matthew 5:6, Luke 11:28, Luke 24:32, 44-45, Romans 8:14-17, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 14:21)
3. We value the ministry of the Holy Spirit who convicts, comforts, sanctifies, empowers, teaches, guides, intercedes for us and glorifies Jesus. We value the gifts of the Spirit which are given for the common good to equip us for the ministry. (John 16:7–11, John 7:37c-39, John 14:16-17 & 25-26, John 16:13-14, 1 Peter 1:2, Romans 8:26, 1 Corinthians 12:1-11)
4. We believe Christ gave the equipping ministry gifts - apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to the church to equip the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-15, Ephesians 2:20-22)
5.We value wisdom and balance (Proverbs 2:6, Proverbs 16:16, Psalms 104:24 Colossians 2:2-4, Philippians 1:9-10) in that:
i.) we are open to the Spirit of God breaking out in fresh and creative ways, but at the same time we always seek to be consistent with the truth as revealed in the scripture of the Bible.
ii.) we seek to see the gifts of the Spirit function in a mature and Godly way by also emphasizing the practice of the fruit of the Spirit.
iii.) we believe in divine healing, but we also honor the medical establishment as a means of God’s healing for us.
iv.) we value the flow of the prophetic to speak present truth into the lives of believers in their unique situations and needs, but emphasize the need for this to witness with their spirits or be a confirmation to what God has already been speaking to them, and caution them that the word may not immediately come to fruition but is a goal to be working towards and preparing themselves for.
v.) in Christ, royalty is our identity, intimacy with God is our life source, and servanthood is our assignment - this is who we are in Christ.
6. We value rest - Our vision is to provide a place to get away from the stresses of life to find rest, and to be refreshed and restored through praise and worship and the teaching of God’s Word, while surrounded by a peaceful setting of nature. (Matthew 11:28-30)
7. We value God’s creation. (Genesis 2:15, Numbers 35:34, Romans 8:19-22, Psalm 96:11-13)
8. We believe marriage is defined as being between one naturally born man and one naturally born woman. (Genesis 2:18-24; Matthew 19:4-6, Hebrews 13:4)
9. We value and appreciate our staff and volunteers and all the time, energy and hard work they’ve invested into this ministry. (Colossians 3:23-24)
While on RLM owned or operated property, the guests agree to refrain from the following:
· Teaching, promoting or engaging in pre-marital or extra-marital sexual relationship
· Teaching, promoting or engaging in practices that contradict RLM’s belief, that marriage is only between one naturally born man and one naturally born woman, as it is described in the Holy Bible
· Reading, viewing, or possessing pornographic material
· Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages
· Possession or use of any drug substance, which includes, but is not limited to
marijuana and other non-medicinal drugs
· Involvement in the occult
· Use of profane or blasphemous language
· Smoking in any of our buildings
· Littering, destruction of wildlife and/or nature, or hunting
· Bringing pets on RLM grounds or in facilities
· Wearing immodest clothing or bathing suits including bikinis and speedos
· Engaging in any behavior contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
Rock Lake Ministries is a smoke free, vape free, marijuana free and alcohol free environment. This includes all buildings, facilities and the grounds themselves